Important Dates for Community Funding 2013
- Applications will open on Friday 2nd August 2013
- Applications due by 5pm on Friday 30th August 2013
- NHWA will review and assess all applications by Thursday 31st October 2013
- All applicants will be notified by the 14th November as to the outcome of their application.
- Successful applicants will receive a Funding contract via email.
- Completed Funding contract and a valid tax invoices to be returned to NHWA by Friday 29th November 2013
- Payments to be made by NHWA during December2013 and January 2014
- Midway reporting feedback to be given to NHWA by 28th February 2014
- Reporting Acquittal documents to be returned by 30th May 2014
All applicants must be:
- An incorporated not-for-profit organisation OR
- An organisation sponsoring an unincorporated not-for-profit organisation OR
- A local government council working in partnership with Neighbourhood Watch OR
- Members of an Australian Police Force or service working in partnership with community.
The 2013 funds will be focused on dealing with incidents of anti social behaviour in communities. Applications received that focus on dealing with or educating your local community with a focus on anti social behaviour caused or influenced by alcohol misuse are desirable.
Funds will be available to a maximum of $3,000 per application for your community to develop and implement community safety and crime prevention initiatives. Funding applications for small grants of under $1 000 are encouraged. Your initiative can be for more than six months in duration, but funding will not be provided for more than 6 months.
Please note only one online Community Funding Application can be submitted per email address if you would like to submit more than one application, please do this by using another email address or downloading the application form and submitting via email or post.
In our Australasian Community Survey, you told us that the issues you would most like to address in your community where:
Hooning and SpeedingExamples of existing Hooning and Speeding projects
Bumper Sticker | Fact Sheet | Information | Safe Speed Project | Safe Speed Brochure
Safe Speed Brochure | Project Slow Down
Burglary and TheftExamples of existing Burglary and Theft projects
Brochure Burglar | Vehicle Theft | Back to school | Wish you had
Dot Data Home | Project Samaritan Info | Project Samaritan Redidental
Vandalism and GraffitiExamples of existing Vandalism and Graffiti projects
Fact Sheet Grafitti | Fact Sheet Design Out | Project Graffiti Murals
Project Design Out Graffiti
LitterExamples of existing Litter projects
Fact Sheet | Fact Sheet Plastic Bags | Flyer Butt Free | Project - Clean Waterways
Alcohol Related Harm in YouthExamples of existing Alcohol Related Harm in Youth projects
Brochure Alcohol | Fact Sheet Drink | Fact Sheet Kids | Fact Sheet Party Safe
Wallet Card Parents | Fridge Magnet
Music and Loud PartiesExamples of existing Music and Loud Parties projects
Party in Suburbs | Check List Before Party | Fact Sheet Party Planning | Handy Hints
NHWA offers these examples of existing projects that have been previously used to address issues of this nature. They are not NHWA projects and are offered as information only.